Sunday, November 27, 2011

Week of 11/28

Marathon Training
One of the major problems with racing is that it gets addictive! It doesn't matter whether its a 5k, 10k, half marathon, marathon, Ironman, or other type of race, it will get into your blood. That's why I'm pumped that my marathon training is starting this week. The plan I've built is somewhat aggressive but I've built it that way to make me (any anyone else following it) faster.

Check it by clicking these links (Part One & Part Two). This is a copy printed from the TrainingPeaks site. If you're currently using TrainingPeaks with me, I can add this plan to your calendar and help you track your progress. I'm also happy to work with you on scaling this plan back to a more easy/manageable version for you and your goals.

I'm looking forward to this May's race and the training leading up to it. Now that you know what my plan looks like, I hope you'll join me for some of these training runs leading up to the race. Stay tuned for the half marathon plan coming soon! Workouts will fall on the same days so that half marathoners can train with those of us doing the whole.

Nutrition
Whether your training to improve race performance, overall fitness or just shed a few pound, you need to know that nutrition is the key to it all. If you're reading this right now, you're probably a lot like me in that you recognize the role nutrition play, have read all about what to eat and when to eat it, or have even tried a number of different diets before.

I have talked to many Spin & Fitness students about nutrition and made several suggestions over the years. Most of these suggestions I try and put into practice on a daily basis, but I've decided to take it to the next level and meet with a registered dietitian to help me tailor my diet for max performance through all the training I do and to be ready on race day.

This isn't going to be a lengthy post on nutrition today or what I've learned from my nutritionist so far (although I will write about some of our sessions). What I did want to take a moment doing today was to let you know how I found my nutritionist.

It turns out that four of our local Giant Eagle stores have nutritionists on staff. Even better, if you're a Highmark member then you can see them free 7 times per year! They will set you up with goals, meal plans, online tracking/coaching and more. They host in store classes as well. Definitely worth taking a look at! Here is the link: http://www.gianteagle.com/cook/nutrition

Spin Schedule
Monday -LA Fitness @ 6:45 am
Tuesday -LA Fitness @ 6:45 pm, Rivers Club @ Lunch
Wednesday -LA Fitness @ 5:45 am, Rivers Club @ Lunch, 5:30 PM Sub at LA
Friday -On Vacation -Stacy will be in to sub


Other Workout Schedule
Monday -LA Fitness @ 5:30 am -8 Week Program, Workout B
Tuesday -LA Fitness @ 5:00 am -Chest & Run
Wednesday -LA Fitness @ 5:00 am -8 Week Program, Workout A
Thursday -LA Fitness @ 5:00 am -8 Week Program, Workout B & Run
Friday -On Vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment