- Raise money for a great cause (you’ll be asked to donate or raise $250 + your registration fee)
- Party it up in Altoona and State College over a long weekend
- Promote training & cycling among my friends, and
- Accept a challenge to push themselves further than they thought possible
Those reasons are listed in order of importance; however number 1 and number 2 are probably really a tie. That being said, I don’t think I need to expand any further on what a great organization National MS is. I have seen firsthand, and heard from a number of my friends/family who have seen firsthand, how this organization has made a difference in the lives of those fighting MS.
So, I’m hopeful that because we’re riding with such a great organization, raising a lot of money, and having a great time doing it, you’ll be willing to join the team! Simply follow the steps below and sign up today!
Also, as a shameless self-promotion, you’ve probably stumbled upon this site because I consider you a good friend & emailed you the link! Why not show some love back and click ‘follow’ at the bottom of this page, on the right hand side? Thanks and let’s saddle up!
Steps to Register
- Click below to go to the MS 150 Site (http://bikepax.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=BIKE_PAX_homepage)
- Click “Register” on the left side of the page OR “Register Today” on the right side of the page
- Select “Pennsylvania - bike MS: Keystone Country Ride 2011”
- Click “Join a Team” on the right side of the page (in a blue box)
- Type “Space Monkey Mafia” next to the Team Name field and click “Search for a Team”
- Our team will come up and you can click the “Join” link
It’s pretty simple from there. You will be asked to pick a registration type and the prices will be displayed. I chose the option without dinner because a number of us will probably venture into town from the hotel that night (I recommend you stay at the “Penn Stater,” I will be). They will also give you the option to add a 1 year subscription to Bicycling magazine for $6. $3 of this goes to MS so throw them and extra bone and select this option. You won’t be disappointed with the magazine!
Hope to see you on the ride!
Over Night Accommodations Recommendations
Friday July 22nd make your reservations at one of the following locations in the Altoona/Hollidaysburg area which is a short distances from the Hollidaysburg Jr. High School’s start and finish area.
Marriott Hotel 814-312-1800 Code: BIKEMS double occupancy $89, Click on Link (I’ll be staying here….anyone wanna split a room?)
Wye Motor Lodge 814-695-4407 Code: MS SOCIETY double occupancy $63. Plus tax, Single occupancy $52. plus tax
Ramada Inn 814-947-4530 Code: BikeMS double occupancy $89. Plus tax
Hampton Inn 814-941-3500 Code: MSB double occupancy $94. Plus tax
Saturday July 23rd make your reservations at one of the following locations in State College.
The Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel $104, 1-800-233-7505 $104 Reference Code: NATG11C (I’ll be staying here…anyone wanna split a room?)
Days Inn Downtown State College on Pugh St., 1-800-258-3297 Reference Code: CGTOURThere are a ton of other hotels in State College, but they do not have MS 150 discounts