Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week One of Ironman Trainning & More!

*Schedule Change! The 1 1/2 hour spin class will be on Thursday at 5am, not Friday.

Week One of Ironman Training!
So it's finally the first week of official Ironman training! I've got a pretty awesome plan thanks to Lenny and will be making a few tweaks to it since I'm still instructing about 4 1/2 hours of Spinning Classes each week and training for the Pittsburgh Marathon.

The original plan has me swimming 2 hours, biking for 5 1/2 hours, and running 3 hours. My adaptation below has me swimming for 1 1/2 hours (I might pick this up if I change one of the Swim workouts to a PM workout), biking for 6 1/2 (but this includes my Spin classes) and running for 3 1/2 hours.

As always, I hate to train alone so let me know if you can make it to one or more of the workouts!

Monday

Swim at LA Fitness 6am - 6:45am
Tuesday
Run at LA Fitness 4:50am - 5:40am
Spin at LA Fitness 5:45am
Spin at LA Fitness 6:45pm
*I will not be teaching at the Rivers Club
Wednesday
Spin at LA Fitness 5:45am - 6:30am
Spin at Rivers Club 12:15pm
Thursday
Swim at LA Fitness 6am - 6:45am
Friday
Spin at LA Fitness 5:15am - 6:30am (yes, I'm staring 30min early, feel free to join!)
Saturday
20 Mile Run Time TBD (Looking for someone to join me!)
Sunday
Bike 9am - 11am

My New Kicks!

I'll be the first to admit, I do not do a good job at researching running shoes. In fact, I usually wait until my current pair are so dead that I'm only a few miles away from causing serious damage to my body, then head out to the store and find the loudest shoe possible (BTW, I do not recommend this method).

That said, it should be no surprise that I found these awesome Adidas Sonic 2's in blue & yellow! Fortunatly for me, after my first run I couldn't be happier with their performance. The Sonic's are Adidas' ultra light shoe. It's crazy how light they are. I was actually afraid that they would provide the support I needed for a long run, but after Saturdays 18 miles, I was feeling really good and even had some juice to finish the last mile at about a 7min/6.5 min pace.

Normally I wouldn't break in a new pair of shoes with an 18 mile run, but as mentioned above, my old pair were in really bad shape. Long story short, if you're looking for new running shoes, check out the Adidas Sonic 2!

Last Saturday's Run

Great run on Saturday, we did part of the Marathon course, ran through some sketchy parts of town and all in all I felt pretty good. I haven't uploaded the route yet because my Garmin is at Geoff's by check back for the link soon if you're looking for a decent route around the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment