Saturday, February 9, 2013

Week of February 10, the Race to Anyplace & My Favorite Podcasts

It looks like we've got somewhat of a regular week lined up, although we'll be doing some major Race to Anyplace training throughout the week. We'll probably also get at least one heavy Race to Anyplace day in the following week, but won't want to over do it so that our legs are fresh for Saturday, February 23. More on what the week will look like & what our team looks like below!


Get Some Good Info!

While I realize most readers of this blog simply log on to check the weekly spinning schedule, check for any substitute teachers or cancelled classes, etc., every now and then I do try to add some helpful tips, observations, or other ramblings. This falls into that category!

One of the many reasons I love my iPhone is the Podcast store. I've been downloading and listening to Podcasts for the past several years on my old school iPod, but with my phone, it's never been easier to get alternative perspectives and insightful information.

Over my next few posts, I'll try to give you a brief review of each of the Podcasts I listen to, what I like about them, and the info you can expect if you tune in. The subjects covered in each show I listen vary, but I promise you they are all extremely motivating.

Here's the screen shot from my iPhone. Stay tuned for reviews!


Spin Schedule
Monday -LA Fitness @ 5:45 am
Tuesday - Rivers Club @ Lunch
Wednesday -LA Fitness @ 5:45 am, Rivers Club @ Lunch
Friday -LA Fitness @ 5:45 am -Race to Anyplace Race Rehearsal will start early at 5:15 am and I'll actually be on the bike at 5 to do some easy warm up riding. During the rehearsal we'll ride for 15 minutes, all out, then take 15 minutes off the bike, then get back on for 15 minutes. If you're not racing with us, no worries, you'll get a good workout too (without the 15 minute break!).

Race to Anyplace Update
You may have got the memo last week that more riders are officially registered for the race! If you plan on riding, don't wait to book your seat, log onto the race website and sign up today (get detailed instructions here). Remember, there's only room for 24 total!

Riders
  1. Ken P. *Registered
  2. Kelly P. *Registered
  3. Christina T. *Registered
  4. Jack R. *Registered
  5. Jim T. *Registered
  6. Gary H. *Registered
  7. Eric Fingal *Registered
  8. Vicki D. *Registered
  9. Mia R. *Registered
  10. Janice B. *Registered
  11. Mary Jo D. *Registered
  12. Jill G. *Registered
  13. Gary M. *Registered
  14. Chuck E. *Registered
  15. Scott Replogle *Registered
  16. Lisa R. *Registered
  17. Nate F.*Registered
  18. Dave Hoffman *Registered
  19. Candi F. *Registered
  20. Kim S. *Registred
  21. Bill W.
  22. Mary M.
  23. Gary E.
  24. Chris D.
  25. Mary Lynn M.
  26. Brian R.
  27. Kevin B.
*Did I miss your name? Email me at kenpresutti@gmail.com and let me know so I can get you on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment