Monday, December 16, 2013

The LA Christmas Party, Weekly Schedule, No More LA Mondays & More!

There's going to be a lot going on over the next few weeks as we wrap up the year. I'll try to keep this blog updated with all the details of class changes, last minute subs coming in, Christmas parties, and more. We're a few days late, but here's this weeks schedule and post!

There's a lot to cover this week including the marathon recap, LA Fitness Christmas Party, and permanent changes to the Monday morning schedule. I'm also crazy tired, so please excuse any typos in this weeks post...here we go!

The "Freeze Your Jingle Bells Off" Self-Supported Marathon

It wasn't fast, it wasn't pretty, and it definitely was not fun! I couldn't believe how unprepared I was to actually run a marathon. I guess I waited a little too long after the decision not to run Disney this January, and the point that I decided to do this! A combination of cold weather, lots of ice, and detour through East Liberty lead to a marathon time that was an hour over my average.

The total raised for St. Jude though ended up being nearly $650. Not bad for a two week fundraiser. Thanks to all who donated!

For more info on what the run was all about, click here.
To see the actual GPS file that I recorded, click here.

The Annual LA Christmas Party

It's on! Unfortunately the gym is not opening until after 8am on Christmas Eve, so we'll need to move our party up to this Friday, December 20th. Jack's got jello-shots, Candy's bringing Korbel for mimosas, and I'll have something else awesome to bring as well.

Let's Plan to Start Early! I'll say 5amish, but as always, if Jax get's up and wants a bottle, I may be a bit late.

Stepping Back from Monday AM's at LA Fitness

I'm sad to have to give up Monday mornings at LA Fitness, but there's an awesome new instructor who is going to be taking over. I'll keep Tuesday & Friday's, but thought it was best on Monday's to let someone take over who wasn't rushing out the door at the end of class. More on this to come, but today was my last Monday. The new instructor will actually be subbing Tuesday morning and taking over Monday's staring next week.

The Race to Any Place

If you're interested in racing, email kenpresutti@gmail.com asap. Get more info on the race here. We only have about 8 more open seats!

Weekly Schedule

Monday 5:45am @ LA Fitness -  Standard Class w/ Ken
Monday @ Rivers Club - Standard Class w/ Ken
Tuesday 5:45 @ LA Fitness - Standard Class w/ a sub
Wednesday @ Rivers Club - Standard Class w/ Gina
Friday 5:00am @ LA Fitness - Standard Class w/ Ken Christmas Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment