Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year's Resolutions, the Weekly Gym Schedule and More...

Here we are, about to usher in another year! It sounds so cliche, but I have to say I can't believe 2013 is already over. There were a lot of really great moments that I can look back upon this year and smile about. Watching my son grow up has been amazing, I couldn't ask for a better set of people to work with professionally in my day job, and on the fitness side of things it was great working with so many friends, new clients, and old faces.

As we all start to think about our plans for 2014, I would encourage you to take a look back at my post from two years ago titled, "F Your Resolutions" (FYI, a much older and more mature me realizes that I should have chose a more appropriate title!). Regardless, the tactics laid out in that post are still great tools you can use to plan for the upcoming year.

As always, I'm here to help with any fitness related, or other, resolutions you might have! Please don't hesitate to reach out!

A Few 2014 Goals to Think About...

As most of you know, the Race to Anyplace is coming up in February. This event is a great excuse to hit the gym again and get back into cycling shape. I should have a free training plan finalized by this Friday, and will make it available to anyone racing on the team. If you haven't already, sign up now, we only have 6 more seats available.

Additionally, if your resolutions involve running, I'll be spending the next few weeks working to launch a series of training programs and monthly coaching packages for anyone interested in running the Pittsburgh marathon and 1/2 marathon.

My Own Resolutions

I get asked every December what my resolutions are for the upcoming year. Well, I definitely try to make sure they all fit the model outlined in "F Your Resolutions", but as a quick overview, here are the things I'll be working on.

  1. Writing -If you're reading this blog, and the stats show that a few of you actually are (thank you very much!), then you know I could certainly improve my writing skills. Both from an editorial standpoint (grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.), and a content/creativity standpoint. With that in mind, I've decided to commit to the program outlined in The Artist's Way. If anyone is interested in how it goes, let me know and I'll be sure to keep you updated!
  2. Strength -Yes, it's true...I'm too skinny, time to bulk up! Once the Disney marathon is over I'll be grabbing Dan John's "Mass Made Simple" book and going through his 12 week program. I have to say thanks to Ben Greenfield for bringing this program to my attention via his awesome podcast! This is one that I'll definitely be reporting back on so stay tuned. 
  3. Money, Money, Money! -Finally, I have to throw in a savings goal.  You've probably seen this 52 week savings challenge floating around Facebook, and I need one more thing to add to my list, so I'm going to give it a go. I hope this is one everyone reading will consider doing as well. I'm not talking about replacing any current saving you're already doing. This is meant to be on top of that. Maybe use it as a way to save up for next year's vacation, Christmas, or just to get extra dollars in the bank. Either way, it won't hurt!
That's it for now. Here's the shorter weekly schedule. Hope to see you sometime later in the week with all the other new faces at the gym!


Weekly Schedule

Monday 5:45am @ LA Fitness -  Standard Class w/o Ken (I am no longer teaching at this time, but leave you in very capable hands!)
Monday @ Rivers Club - Standard Class w/ Ken
Tuesday 5:45 @ LA Fitness - No AM Class at LA Fitness (Gym Opens at 8am)
Wednesday @ Rivers Club - No Class, Rivers Club closed
Friday 5:45am @ LA Fitness - Standard Class w/ Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment