Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Beer Mile

Have you ever heard of a beer mile? The first time I heard about it was when I watched this record setting video a few months ago and immediately thought, "I have to do that!" However, if you read my blog post on balance a few weeks ago, you'll know that I'm not good at staying focused on one thing for too long, so I forgot about it...until today!


Listening to an episode of Zen and the Art of Triathlon, the host started talking about Kona's Beer Mile (video below), and I immediately thought "wouldn't it be awesome to get some people together and do something similar?!" So here's the plan...

We are going to blow off the Turkey Trot this year. Forget any early morning "Turkey Bowls," you had planned to. We're doing a beer mile race! If you're interested, let me know...because taking alcohol to a high school track is somewhat frowned upon, we'll need to keep this low key and open to only close friends. If you're racing, you'll probably want to have some one drive you home from the track too.

There's no doubt, this is going to be awesome!


TRS Kona 2014 Beer Mile - Warning, Bad language and vomiting. Sorry mum. from Raceday Communications on Vimeo.



No comments:

Post a Comment