Sunday, June 3, 2012

Week of 6/3, Burnout & P90X!


Back after the holiday week, sorry for no blog post last week.

Okay, I'm making some changes in my line up. I have to get back to some strength training but am also trying to walk a fine line between just enough training and burnout. On Tuesday for instance, I went crazy hard on my swim, Rivers Club Spin, and LA Fitness Spin. When Wednesday came around I was dead. Didn't want lift in the morning, didn't want to spin. I was so beat that I didn't even want to go to work.

With that in mind, I think this new schedule will work out pretty well. Most Spin classes I will plan to ride in "Zone 2." If you see an * next to one of the classes, it means I plan on going above Zone 2.

As for the strength training, I'm going to go back to P90X in the mornings at the gym. I won't follow their program exactly. The swimming, biking and running that I do will make up for the cardio that I'm going to skip in their program. Also, due to the lack of time in the morning, I'm not going to do the "Ab Ripper X" routine that the program has lined up after each but will try to do it at least 3 times per week. Its also likely that I won't use the actual P90X DVDs in the gym. I' will just take their moves and adapt them.

Anyone is welcome to join the P90X routine in the gym. The 90 in it means that it's a 90 day program. The routine switches up every few weeks so you get the benefit of "continuous muscle confusion!" (Okay, that's just the catchy term they use to sell their program, but I wanted to throw it at you anyway because it sounds cool).

Anyway, I hope you'll join me for the P90X. As mentioned, I won't do the cardio piece of it but I'm willing to lend out the cardio DVDs if anyone is interested.

If you plan on joining, print out the P90X workout sheets, available at the P90X website and show up tomorrow!

Spin Schedule
Monday -LA Fitness @ 5:45am class
Tuesday -*LA Fitness @ 6:45 pm, No Rivers Club @ Lunch
Wednesday - LA Fitness @ 5:45 am,  *Rivers Club @ Lunch
Friday -LA Fitness @ 5:00 am
*I will ride all classes at Zone 2 pace unless you see an *. Remember, just because I'm at Zone 2, doesn't mean you can't go harder!

Other Workout Schedule
Monday - LA Fitness @ 5:00am -P90X Chest & Back
Tuesday -LA Fitness @ 5:00 am -P90X Ab Ripper X & Swimming
Wednesday -LA Fitness @ 5:00 am -P90X Shoulders & Arms
Thursday -LA Fitness @ 5:00 am - P90X Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X & Swimming
Friday -LA Fitness @ 5:00am -Endurance Ride
Saturday -Run or Bike Ride, P90X Ab Ripper X
If you're following the P90X program with me, do the Ab Ripper routine on your own today
Sunday - Recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment