Sunday, August 26, 2012

Running "Mud on the Mountain", Week of 8/26


Great news, I've cleared November 3rd's "Mud on the Mountain" race at 7 Springs with my Sports Manager, signed up & paid! I've been looking for something else to actually train for so am super stoked about this race.

I have a few friends also singed up, including my brother in law, so if you're thinking about doing it, let me know! It's a 7ish mile run with 20 obstacles. I'll be tailoring our morning workouts to help me train for the race and the obstacles on it.

If you've been following the P90X schedule we have been working on, then you know last week was the end! The plan is to take this week as somewhat of a 'rest week,' mixing in the Spartacus workout on Tuesday & Thursday. We'll also do a core workout Wednesday at 5am, and I may show up for spin just a bit early to do some bench press & pull ups (got to keep up the intensity now that Mud on the Mountain is in the future).

We will break into the "Insanity" workout in about two weeks. For now, here's what this week looks like.

Spin Schedule
Monday -LA Fitness @ 5:45am class
Tuesday -*LA Fitness @ 6:45 pm, Rivers Club
Wednesday - LA Fitness @ 5:45 am, Rivers Club @ Lunch
Friday -NO LA Fitness @ 5:45 am -Plan on a sub
*I will ride all classes at Zone 2 pace unless you see an *. Remember, just because I'm at Zone 2, doesn't mean you can't go harder (just make sure it's Zone 4 and not 3 if you do!)

Other Workout Schedule
Monday - LA Fitness @ 5:15am -Bench Press & Pull Up Day
Tuesday -LA Fitness @ 5:00 am - Spartacus Workout
Wednesday -LA Fitness @ 5:00 am -Core
Thursday -LA Fitness @ 5:15 am -Spartacus Workout
Friday -LA Fitness @ OFF
Saturday -OFF
Sunday - Recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment