A quick note on pizza (and pasta sauces). Check the ingredients. You DO NOT need sugar in your sauces. Trust me, they are plenty sweet. Most jarred sauces will have sugar added (even the organic ones).
- 1 lb Italian Sweet Sausage
- 13 Slices Deli Mozzarella
- 2 Medium Eggplants (Sliced lengthwise into about 13 slivers)
- 3 Fresh Banana Peppers (only put onto half the pizzas)
- 1 Jar of Nature's Basket Pizza Sauce (see note above on pizza sauce)
- Fresh Portobello Mushrooms
- Brown the sausage in a frying pan.
- Slice the eggplant length wise. You should get about 12 slices out of each eggplant.
- Lay them on a pan sprayed with olive oil.
- Spread the sauce over the eggplant, like you would a regular pizza, then put a slice of cheese on each eggplant (tear each slice into 2-3 pieces so you can cover most of the eggplant.
- Add all the other toppings and bake in a pre-heated 450 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.