Sunday, March 2, 2014

Zucchini Cheese Casserole (Mac 'n Cheese Style)

Earlier last week we were in the mood for a good mac 'n cheese...the only issue, there's no mac on the 4
Hour Body! Now purists, I know there's no cheese either, but too bad...I don't see full fat cheese as being an issue for everyone on this plan.

That said, I found this AWESOME recipe posted by Anna Vocino on her blog, www.glutenfreeanna.blogspot.com.

Click this link for her full "Cheesy Zucchini Casserole" recipe on her site. I've noted a few tweaks that I made below (not that they were needed!).


First, instead of using a mandolin to slice up the zucchini into medallions, I pulled out the veggie spiral slicer and created 'spaghetti' style noodles. Then I followed the recipe as described on Anna's blog.

The second, and only other change I made was to add almond meal to the top. This provided that breadcrumb texture you get with mac 'n cheese from fancy restaurants.

That's it, go make yourself some and enjoy! Also, check out www.glutenfreeanna.blogspot.com for a boatload of delicious recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment