Friday, January 20, 2012

5K Test Day!




I am definitiely not a fan of running 3.1 miles really fast on the treadmill & calling it a 5k test. I also however am not a fan of running 3.1 miles at 9am on a Saturday morning in 4 inches of snow and ice along the river front. This leaves me with a dilema. What should we do about tomorrows 5k race pace test and the terrible weather that we're expecting

Here is what I'm thinking. The trail will definietly not be clear enough to run on in the morning. It's also unlikely that Brownsville road will be in any condition to run on (especially since it's not suppose to stop snow/iceing until noon.

I'm going to check out my calendar and possibly do the 5k test on Sunday morning. How does that sound for you? Leave a comment below and let me know! If we have a few people looking to do it Sunday, and the weather doesn't look like ice we'll make the call to meet. If not, you can still do the test this weekend indoors

If you are using the treadmill, here are a few things to keep in mind

  • Spend 10 to 15 min in a low Zone 2 warming up

  • Restart the machine for your 5k run

  • Initally set your speed at a quick pace and only slow down if you need to

  • If you are running faster than a 7min mile, you really need to add a 1-2% incline to account for the wind resistance you woul feel on the road


That's all for now. Let me know what you'll be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment