Sunday, September 11, 2011

This Week (9/12-9/18)

This Weeks Rambles...
Here we go, week 3 post Ironman & week 2 back at the gym. You'll notice below that I've broken the typical weekly schedule out into a few different categories. The first is my Spin Class schedule, the second is any other additional workout that I'll be adding into the week.

Now that Ironman is over, I don't need to spend every free second of training swimming, biking, or running. This means more time for actual lifting in the gym. Last week was tough as I started getting back into lifting with a chest/back day, leg day and shoulder day.

Needless to say much of the strength I had built up over the past year disappear somewhere in the 5 months of cardio I was doing to prepare for Ironman. Never the less, I'm ready to get moving again in the weight room. I'll probably be going on the lighter side for the next few weeks and put an added emphasis on core conditioning. Feel free to join me if your around in the AM at LA Fitness for any of these workouts.

Spin Schedule
Monday -LA Fitness @ 5:45 am
Tuesday -LA Fitness @ 6:45 pm, Rivers Club @Lunch
Wednesday -LA Fitness @ 5:45 am, Rivers Club @Lunch
Friday -LA Fitness @ 5:45 am

Other Workout Schedule
Monday -LA Fitness @ 5:00 am -Chest, Back and Core
Tuesday -LA Fitness @ 5:30 am -Legs and maybe Swimming
Wednesday -LA Fitness @ 5:00 am -Shoulders, Arms and Core
Thursday -LA Fitness @ 5:30 am -Maybe Yoga (anyone interested?)
Friday -LA Fitness @ 5:00 am -Stretching and Core

Turkey Trot Training
Don't forget, we're going to train for the Turkey trot starting next Monday. Read more & sign up through the link on the top of my blog, or click here.

Help Out A Fellow Triathlete, Vote for Geoff
So most of the followers of my Blog also know Geoff Murray, who use to teach spin at LA Fitness with me. He's asked for some help in a contest he's part of. All you need to do is click this link and vote for him in a contest to be featured as "Accel Recover's" official athlete. I know he'll appreciate the votes. You should also check out his blog, Road to Kona 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment