Monday, March 12, 2012

The Answers to my Pink Slime Question!

Alright, here is the response I got when I asked Giant Eagle if there is "pink slime" in their ground beef... I've added some comments in RED.

Good Afternoon Ken:

Thank you for contacting Giant Eagle regarding questions about recent reports regarding the usage of Boneless Lean Beef Trim (BLBT) in ground beef products. Boneless Lean Beef Trim is government approved by both the USDA and the FDA and has been used safely for more than 20 years.

-So yeah, 20 years ago laptop screens were smaller than my current cell phone's screen and cell phones were larger than my current laptop. Just because we've been doing something the same way for 20 years doesn't mean its the right way. That said, I get it....the government thinks its safe, cool.

We also offer an alternative product for customers interested in avoiding all additives: our Nature’s Basket Ground Beef.

-This is the part that I love! Most of you know I'm a big fan of the free market & here it is in action! Consumers are demanding other choices and producers are responding! So, if you want to eat this "pink slime" stuff that is "safe," go for it...but if you want to make your own decision to eat what you believe is a better choice, have at it!

I actually buy all Natures Basket meats and have since watching Food Inc. I get that its not organic, but it is a good inbetween.

If you have any other questions or comments please call us at 1-800-553-2324, seven days a week from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM.

Thank you,

Giant Eagle Customer Care

No, Thank you for the choice GE, and I hope to see more of your products carry this name soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment